Gloucester Engineering’s robust, cost-effective die rebuild program is focused on shorter lead-time and increased performance. Our process is focused on accommodating your needs and budget. After we complete an initial disassembly and inspection, a written summary of suggested work and an accompanying quote will be provided for your approval.
In addition to Gloucester equipment, we are equipped to rebuild dies originally manufactured by other companies.
• Stripping and Re-plating of complete Dies or Die components
• Hand polishing of Die components to eliminate minor surface imperfections that can impact the performance of a Die
• In the case of severe damage, we offer Dabber weld service to build up surfaces that have significant damage, and machining to original specifications
• Plating, including Electroless Nickel, Chrome and Thin Dense Chrome
• Machining for pin inserts to accommodate frequent Die Gap changes. This allows removal of just the Insert to change Die Gaps versus having to remove the complete Mandrel
• Machining of both the Sizing Ring and Pin for Inserts to facilitate fast, complete Die Lip cleanings and replacement/repair of damaged Die Lips
• All new guarding and cabinets are included for a modern look
• Full inspection report of each component that includes a detailed recommendation on what work GEC could do to improve performance